Notes, arguments and other points from Late Republic Nonsense on Substack.
- The collaboration with the virtuoso guitarist Baden Powell on a brilliant record that became one of the touchstones of Brazilian music. Plus: Vinícius e Toquino (1970)
- Duke Ellington was in his early 60s when he made the wonderful Afro Bossa for Frank Sinatra’s then-young Reprise label in 1963. Brazil’s Bossa N…
- Read more
- Does the 2024 Presidential Election Even Matter? In Conversation with The Blaze's Daniel Horowitz.
- Thoughts about my fist visit to the Kingdom, one of the most fascinating—and optimistic—places in the world. And, for the Right in America, there's much to learn from the new Saudi national project.
- Forty-three albums from the late genius composer and saxophonist.
- Listen now | On Tuesday, GOP voters in Florida's 7th Congressional District have a chance to send a legit badass to Congress. They should take it.
- The appeal of the Bush-era martyr and cuckold complex in politics.
- My question, "Do You Know What Time It Is?" has become a catch-phrase in American politics. Get shirts, tank tops and other merch from the store now.
- Knowing what the end product of a journalist’s effort will look like can guide how to deal with him or her–and how to leverage that insight into a communications victory (or even a strategic draw).
buy the book