Notes, arguments and other points from Late Republic Nonsense on Substack.
- Listen now | On Tuesday, GOP voters in Florida's 7th Congressional District have a chance to send a legit badass to Congress. They should take it.
- The appeal of the Bush-era martyr and cuckold complex in politics.
- My question, "Do You Know What Time It Is?" has become a catch-phrase in American politics. Get shirts, tank tops and other merch from the store now.
- Knowing what the end product of a journalist’s effort will look like can guide how to deal with him or her–and how to leverage that insight into a communications victory (or even a strategic draw).
- The living legend of Brazilian music turns 80 alongside Paul McCartney. Two career-spanning Spotify playlists included.
- Listen now | Catching up with the author of his forthcoming tenth book, "We'll Be Back: The Fall and Rise of America."
- Watch now (11 min) | Talking to Carl Benjamin about how conservatives are always looking for someone on the Left to validate them or their views—and how it needs to stop.
- The DOJ seems irreparably corrupt and politicized. But the extent to which he’s been protected—and the reasons why—can provide some lessons.
- A celebration of the most joyous and addictive musical manifesto of all time.
- As a Qatari agent of influence, it's difficult to be more obvious than former CENTCOM Commander and Brookings President Gen. John Allen.